What can you do to Knock Out Opioid Abuse?
• Read the fact sheet (available in the toolkit) about the impact of the opioid crisis on New Jersey and the nation. Share what you learned with family, friends and community members.
• Watch past Learning Series webinars on the website.
• Take inventory of the medications in your medicine cabinet and properly dispose of expired medications. Find a disposal drop box near you by visiting americanmedicinechest.com.
Spread Awareness to Friends
• Email a #KnockOutOpioidAbuseDay message to your neighbors, friends, family and co-workers
• Share a #KnockOutOpioidAbuseDay social media post
• Add a Knock Out Opioid Abuse Day Facebook Frame to your profile picture. To change your profile picture: select “add Facebook Frame”, search for Knock Out Opioid Abuse Day, then select the frame.
Share the Message with Leaders in Your Community and Beyond
• Ask your faith leader to incorporate a #KnockOutOpioidAbuseDay message into a sermon or newsletter
• Contact your community or county leaders to issue a proclamation declaring their support of #KnockOutOpioidAbuseDay
• Share digital safe prescribing resources with the doctors and dentists in your community
• Send a letter to your local newspaper about the importance of #KnockOutOpioidAbuseDay and in the fight against the opioid epidemic
• Urge your Congressional representative to pass legislation requiring prescribers to inform patients about the risks of opioids and non-opioid alternatives that exist
Check the resources section for tools to help you spread the word.